So last night, the Toronto Raptors beat the Milwaukee Bucks and are headed to the NBA Finals for the first time, where they will play last year’s NBA Champions – the Golden State Warriors. To read more, be sure to visit our Golden State Warriors Sweep Cavaliers post.
Golden State Warriors
Since the Golden State Warriors have won back-to-back championships; will they repeat again? In addition, this is the Warriors fifth straight year in the finals. Not only have the Warriors won back-to-back championships; but they also have won in 2014 and 2016.
With their dominance in the NBA; will they win a third straight championship?
Because this is the Raptors first visit to the Finals; there is a lot of excitement surrounding the finals this year. Not only were the Raptors trailing the Bucks in two games in the Eastern Conference; but they came back to win the series.
Will their momentum continue in the finals?
Toronto Raptors v Golden State Warriors
Although the Warriors are in the finals; they will not have home court advantage. Since Toronto finished with one more win in the regular season; they will have home court advantage throughout the series.
So, the schedule for the NBA Finals is as follows:
- On Thursday, May 30th – Game 1 will be in Toronto at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Game 2 will be in Toronto on Sunday, June 2nd at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- On Wednesday, June 5th – the Warriors will host the Raptors at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Game 4 will be in California on Friday, June 7th at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- If needed, Game 5 will be back in Toronto on Monday, June 10th at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- On June 13th, the game will be in California at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
- Finally, if needed – Game 7 will be in Toronto on Sunday, June 16th at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time
In conclusion, will the Warriors win their third straight title? Or, will the Raptors win their first title?
As always, I welcome your comments.