With four teams remaining in the Stanley Cup Conference round; let’s take a look at the four teams remaining. Who will make it to the Stanley Cup Finals?
Stanley Cup Conference Playoffs
So, this year’s playoffs have different teams competing for the Stanley Cup trophy. In the first place, the last two years, the Stanley Cup trophy went to the Pittsburgh Penguins. To read more about this, visit our Penguins Repeat Stanley Cup Champs.
Stanley Cup Conference – Eastern Conference
Since the Washington Capitals have choked in the playoffs in the past; that isn’t the case thus far this year. In fact, the Washington Capitals have a two game lead against the Tampa Bay Lightening. Although the Tampa Bay Lightening beat the New Jersey Devils and the Boston Bruins in five games; this team seems different against the Capitals.
Are the Washington Capitals giving the fans hope? No doubt, this year’s Capitals team is trying to shed their postseason past. For the remaining games in the Eastern conference, the schedule is as follows:
- Game 3 will be on May 15th at 8:00 p.m.
- Game 4 will be on May 17th at 8:00 p.m.
- If needed, Game 5 will be on May 19th at 7:15 p.m.
- If needed, Game 6 will be on May 21st at 8:00 p.m.
- Finally, if the series goes the distance, Game 7 will be on May 23rd at 8:00 p.m.
Stanley Cup Conference – Western Conference
In the Western Conference, we will see the number one seed, the Vegas Golden Knights play the number two seed, the Winnipeg Jets. In this series, the Jets have a 1-0 lead against the Knights. For the remaining games in the Western Conference, the schedule is as follows:
- Game 2 will be on May 14th at 7:00 p.m. Central time
- Game 3 will be on May 16th at 8:00 p.m. Central time
- For Game 4, it will be on May 18th at 8:00 p.m. Central time
- If needed, Game 5 will be on May 20th at 2:00 p.m. Central time
- If needed, Game 6 will be on May 22nd at 8:00 p.m. Central time
- Finally, if the series goes the distance, Game 7 will be on May 24th at 7:00 p.m. Central time
Stanley Cup Conference Predictions
Although the Capitals have a 2-0 lead against the Lightening, many analysts are predicting the Lightening to advance to the finals. On the other side, the Knights are predicted to be the better team and advance to the finals.
Of course, in the playoffs anything can happen. With the stage set and the games underway, who will advance to the Stanley Cup finals?
As always, I welcome your comments.