Round three NHL playoffs conference finals begin tonight. Now, there are four remaining teams and excitement is building. To read more about the road leading to round three; be sure to visit our Second Round Stanley Cup Playoffs post.
Round Three NHL Playoff
Because the playoff games have gone differently than many sports analysts predicted; the final four teams remaining should provide a surprise for many hockey fans. When the playoffs were announced, no one expected these final four teams to remain.
Meanwhile, after the number one seed, the Tampa Bay Lightening was eliminated in the first round; there is now a new front runner. Will the Sports Analysts get it right this time? Or, will this round be full of surprises?
First and foremost, let’s take a look at the final four teams remaining.
In the Eastern Conference, we have the number two seed – the Boston Bruins will play the Wildcard team, the Carolina Hurricanes. So, this will be the third time these two teams will match-up in the playoffs. To read more about this series that opens tonight; be sure to check out our Bruins Third Round Playoff Review 2019 post.
In the Western Conference, both teams that will match-up went the full seven games in round two. Hence, the San Jose Sharks will face the St. Louis Blues.
Round Three NHL Playoff Schedule
In round three NHL playoffs, they open tonight for the Eastern Conference. Moreover, the Western Conference will begin on Saturday. Hence, in the Eastern Conference, the schedule is as follows:
- Game 1 – the Hurricanes will be in Boston, May 9th at 8:00 p.m.
- For Game 2 – the Hurricanes and Bruins will be – May 12th at 3:00 p.m.
- Game 3 – Boston will be in Carolina – May 14th at 8:00 p.m.
- On Thursday, Game 4 will be on May 16th – Boston v Carolina – 8:00 p.m.
- Game 5, if needed will be in Boston on Saturday, May 18th at 7:15 p.m.
- Game 6, will be in Carolina on Monday, May 20th at 8:00 p.m.
- Finally, if needed Game 7 will return to Boston on May 22nd at 8:00 p.m.
Meanwhile, in the Western Conference, the schedule is as follows:
- Game 1 – the Blues will be in San Jose – Saturday, May 11th at 8:00 p.m.
- For Game 2, the Blues will be in San Jose – Monday, May 13th at 9:00 p.m.
- Game 3 – the Sharks will be in St. Louis – Wednesday, May 15th at 8:00 p.m.
- On Friday, Game 4 will be on Friday, May 17th – Sharks v St Louis – 8:00 p.m.
- Game 5, if needed will be in San Jose on Sunday, May 19th – 3:00 p.m.
- Game 6, if needed will be in St. Louis on Tuesday, May 21st – 8:00 p.m.
- Finally, Game 7 will be in San Jose on May 23rd at 9:00 p.m.
So, which team will win the conference finals? In conclusion, what teams do you think will play in the Stanley Cup finals?
As always, I welcome your comments.