Professional Sports Players Opting Out
Because most professional sports are returning to action this month; many are opting out. With so many health and safety concerns; many players are concerned not only of their own well-being; but also their family as well.
NBA Professional Sports Players Opting Out
In the NBA, the following players will not be finishing up the season:
- Avery Bradley – Los Angeles Lakers
- Davis Bertans – Washington Wizards
- DeAndre Jordan – Brooklyn Nets
- Thabo Sefolosha – Houston Rockets
- Trevor Ariza – Portland Trail Blazers
- Willie Cauley-Stein – Dallas Mavericks
- Wilson Chandler – Brooklyn Nets
- Victor Oladipo – Indiana Pacers
With the remainder of the season to continue next week; will these players determine the outcome? For instance, the Los Angeles Lakers are a heavy favorite; so will Bradley opting out hurt their playoff run? To read more about the remainder of the season; be sure to visit our NBA Released Regular Game Schedule post.
NHL Professional Sports Players Opting Out
At the end of May, the NHL Commissioner declared the 2020 season complete. To read more about this; be sure to check out our NHL Regular Season is Officially Over post.
When hockey returns for the playoffs; the following players will sit out:
- Karl Alzner – Montreal Canadians
- Mike Green – Edmonton Oilers
- Roman Polak – Dallas Stars
- Steven Kampfer – Boston Bruins
- Sven Baertschi – Vancouver Canucks
NFL Professional Sports Playering Opting Out
Because the NFL season won’t begin until September; how will the teams look when they play. Meanwhile, football requires the most amount of contact. So, how will social distancing work?
MLB Professional Sports Players Opting Out
Although the MLB will begin their 60 game season this week; the following players will not be on the field:
- Buster Posey – San Francisco Giants
- Colin McHugh – Boston Red Sox
- David Price – Los Angeles Dodgers
- Felix Hernandez – Atlanta Braves
- Ian Desmond – Colorado Rockies
- Joe Ross – Washington Nationals
- Michael Kopech – Chicago White Sox
- Mike Leake – Arizona Diamondbacks
- Nordan Hicks – St. Louis Cardinals
- Nick Markakis – Atlanta Braves
- Ryan Zimmerman – Washington Nationals
- Wellington Castillo – Washington Nationals
As you can see from the above names; many of these players play for the Nationals. Since the Nationals won the World Series last year; how will this team look without many of these players who contributed to their success last year?
To read more about the National exciting year; be sure to visit our National Win World Series 2019 post.
In summary, with players opting out of the remainder of the season or as the starts; what impact will this have on the teams?