NFL 2020 Free Agency Update
The NFL 2020 free agency and trade season has been very active. Without much happening in the world of sports; there has been a lot of crazy moves made in the off-season.
Before free agency opened, Eli Manning announced his retirement. To read about his illustrious career with the New York Giants; check out our Eli Manning Retires NFL 2020 post.
NFL 2020 Free Agency
Notwithstanding, before the season started; one of the biggest stories in the NFL was; would Tom Brady leave the New England Patriots? Although many were surprised Tom left the Patriots; no one should have been surprised. Be sure to visit our Tom Brady #12 Patriots Journey post to read more about his career with the Patriots.
NFL 2020 Trades and Rumors
At the same time, some of the biggest trades that have happened thus far are:
- Calais Campbell was traded from Jacksonville Jaguars to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a 2020 5th round draft pick.
- DeAndre Hopkins, as well as a 2020 4th round draft pick; was traded from the Houston Texans to the Arizona Cardinals for David Johnson and a 2nd round draft pick in 2020 and a 2021 4th round pick. Meanwhile, many NFL Analysts thought this was a bad decision. Not only is Hopkins one of the best NFL receivers; but he also has had good numbers, no matter which quarterback he was paired up with.
- Steffon Diggs was traded from the Minnesota Vikings to the Buffalo Bills.
- Deforrest Buckner was traded from the San Francisco 49ers to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick.
- Darius Slay was traded from the Detroit Lions to the Philadelphia Eagles for a 2020 3rd round draft pick and a 2020 5th round pick.
In Summary, there were a lot of other free agency signings and trades occurring.
Since we’re only a few weeks into the NFL 2020 off-season; there are still sure to be a lot of signings.