Let’s take a look at the NBA trade roundup. Although the deadline was February 6th, if you missed anything; you can catch up here.
NBA Trade Roundup
With this year’s trade deadline in the back view mirror; what deals will have an impact on the teams down the stretch?
- Cleveland Cavaliers trade Brandon Knight, John Henson and a second round 2023 draft pick to the Detroit Pistons for the former, All Star Center, Andre Drummond. Also, Drummond is leading the NBA in rebounds and is averaging 17.8 points per game
- At the same time, Marcus Morris has been moved from the New York Knicks to the L.A. Clippers. In addition, this deal was part of a three way trade that included the Clippers and the Washington Wizards. In return, the Clippers will send Moe Harkless and a 2020 first round pick as well as rights to their 2021 first rounder and a 2021 second round pick via Detroit. With this move, the Clippers are hoping for a deep run in the playoffs.
- Meanwhile, the Philadelphia 76ers picked up at the trade deadline two guards – Alek Burks and Glen Robinson III
Other NBA Trade Roundup
In addition to the above, the following trades occurred.
- The Washington Wizards trade McRae to the Denver Nuggets for Napier
- Not only did the Memphis Grizzlies waive Waiters; but they also were in on a trade with the Miami Heat on a 6 player deal
- Also, the Atlanta Hawks continued to make strides in improving their roster and were in on a trade with the Clippers
NBA Trade Roundup Impact on Teams and Players
Although many think the Warrior’s Dynasty is over; that isn’t necessarily true. Be sure to read our Golden State Warriors Sweep Cavaliers post. And, though they didn’t win the Championship last year; they were still in the finals. Be sure to visit our Toronto Raptors v Golden State Warriors post to read how the team fared last year.
In fact, Kevin Durrant and Draymond Green are still part of the team as well as their five time all defensive team picks; so, it is possible that next year, they may be a contender. Also, Clay Thompson should be back from his ACL injury.
Consequently, the Boston Celtics did nothing at the trade deadline. With the Celtics making no moves; did they hurt their chances of making a deep run in the playoffs?
Indeed, many players have been moved many times throughout their careers. With so much movement with professional players, it not only impacts the players; but also their teammates and families.
In conclusion, it will be interesting to see how the NBA trade roundup will impact teams down the stretch.