National Fruit Vegetable Month
So, June is National Fruit and Vegetable Month. Since kids tend to eat almost anything; it is important you encourage them to try various fruit and vegetables.
National Fruit and Vegetable Month
In the first place, fruits and vegetables are an important part of eating healthy. In fact, you can get creative by adding color to your meals and snacks. No doubt, it is easy to get creative in choosing fruits and vegetables with so many farmers markets popping up.
Are you Ready to Eat more Fruit and Vegetables?
Are you looking for ways to introduce fruit and vegetables into your meals? Well, don’t fret as I have some creative ideas for you to try.
- Add vegetables to any entrée
- Also, add vegetables to your soup
- If you’re looking to get creative, puree fruit on an ice tray and make a frozen Popsicle.
- For snack time, keep fruit and vegetables sliced up and that way they will be handy when you have the munchies
- With the warmer weather here, you can grill vegetables and fruit. For instance, grill a pineapple and add it to a burger. Or, you can grill vegetables and add them to make a vegetable kabob.
National Fruit and Vegetables Health Benefits
First and foremost, fruit and vegetables are important to your health. Because fruit and vegetables are high in vitamins, minerals, fiber and low in calories and fat, it is important to make this part of your meals and snacks. In addition, vegetables and fruit can make any meal healthier and more filing.
Now is the time to get creative. You can make pasta with vegetables. For instance, you can use zucchini, carrots, eggplant or squash to make “yummy” vegetable pasta meals. To make vegetable pasta, the spiralizer below is ideal to make various types of noodles. Not only is this easy to use, but you can now get creative with your vegetables.
For an easy and healthy vegetable pasta recipe, I recommend using the above spiralizer. Then heat for approximately one minute in hot water and add a tablespoon of olive oil, garlic and black pepper and you will have a delicious, yet easy dinner choice.
As always, I welcome your comments.
Happy National Fruit and Vegetable Month!