MLB All Star Game Roster 2018
Are you ready for next week’s MLB All Star Game? First and foremost, the roster has been set for the American League and National League.
MLB All Star Game
So, last night the roster was made official. For the most part, most of the starters announced for the game were names most people expected. However, there were a few surprises. This years 2018 MLB All Star Game is taking place at Nationals Park in Washington DC on July 17th.
Not only is Nationals Park one of the newer ball parks; but there is a lot of history nearby to our Nations Capital.
American League Starters
The roster for the American League is as follows:
- First Base – Jose Abreu – Chicago White Sox
- Second Base – Jose Altuve – Houston Astros – Be sure to visit our Houston Astros Win World Series post.
- Short Stop – Manny Machado – Although he is presently with the Baltimore Orioles, there are a lot of rumors floating about.
- Third Base – Jose Ramirez – Cleveland Indians
- For the Outfield: Mookie Betts – Boston Red Sox, Mike Trout – Los Angeles Angels and Aaron Judge – New York Yankees
- Catcher – Wilson Ramos – Tampa Bay Rays
As well as the starters above, the following players were voted in as reserves:
- First Base – Mitch Moreland
- Short Stop – In addition, both Francisco Lindor – Cleveland Indians, Gleyber Torres – New York Yankees are reserves for Short Stop
- Third Base – Alex Bregman – Houston Astros
- For the outfield, the following players were voted in as reserves: Mitch Hanigar – Seattle Mariners, Michael Brantley – Cleveland Indians, George Springer – Houston Astros, Shin-Soo Choo – Texas Rangers and Nelson Cruz – Seattle Mariners
- Finally, Salvador Perez – Kansas City Royals
National League Starters
For the National League, starters are as follows:
- First Base – Freddie Freeman – Atlanta Braves
- Second Base – Javier Baez – Chicago Cubs
- Short Stop – Brandon Crawford – San Francisco Giants
- Third Base – Nolan Arenado – Colorado Rockies
- For the Outfield: Bryce Harper – Washington Nationals, Matt Kemper – Los Angeles Dodgers and Nick Markakis – Atlanta Braves
- Catcher – Wilson Contreras – Chicago Cubs
For the National League, Reserves are as follows:
- For First Base, both Paul Goldschmidt – Arizona Diamondbacks and Joey Votto are reserves
- Second Base – Scooter Gennett – Cincinnati Reds
- Third Base – Eugenio Suarez – Cincinnati Reds
- Short Stop – Trevor Story – Colorado Rockies
- For the Outfield: Charlie Blackmon – Colorado Rockies, Lorenzo Cain – Milwaukee Brewers, Christian Yelich – Milwaukee Brewers
- Finally for Catcher – both Buster Posney – San Francisco Giants, J.T. Realmuto – Miami Marlins
MLB All Star Pitchers
Obviously, with the game coming from Washington, Max Scherzer from the Nationals is the starting pitcher for the National League. Correspondingly, Trevor Bauer from the Cleveland Indians will be the starting pitcher for the American League.
MLB All Star Final Vote
Finally, there is a chance for you to vote for your favorite player from a group of five for both the American League and the National League.
Will you be watching the All Star Game?
As always, I welcome your comments.