Every Kid Healthy Week
Every kid healthy week is here. Initially, this was created in 2013 to celebrate schools’ health and wellness achievements. However, this year due to Covid-19; most schools will not be hosting an event.
Every Kid Healthy Week
Although this program won’t take place at your school; it is still important to focus on your health and wellness while you’re home.
In the first place, let’s start each day off with a good breakfast. Be sure to visit our Best Breakfast Month post for some ideas on serving healthy meals to your kids.
With kids spending a lot of time indoors due to the coronavirus; now is the time to stock up on fruit and vegetables. Visit our National Fruit and Vegetable Month post for some ideas of food to incorporate into your meals.
Healthy Week Schedule
So, let’s start with things your kids can do from home each day.
- April 20 – Mindfulness Monday – When you think of mindfulness Monday; use this day to see how your kids are doing. Also, this is a good day to set on your calendar to do weekly.
- April 21 – Tasteful Tuesday – So, on this day; make time to make healthy meals with your kids. At the same time, use this time to sit down together for a meal.
- On April 22 – Wellness Wednesday – Since Earth Day is also on this date; use the day to grow new and healthy foods. Recycle! Also, if you have a garden or use one nearby, don’t forget to compost. To read more about composting; be sure to check out our Learn About Composting Day post where you can read on how you can help make our planet better.
- April 23 – Thoughtful Thursday – When it comes to this day; use it to let your kids know they’re terrific. Recognize them for something they did. Also, you can set up a Gratitude Tree in your home and use this as a display piece and keep adding things throughout the year. Meanwhile, you can get creative and use colored small pieces of paper to stick on the tree.
- April 24 – Fitness Friday – Now, on this day, have everyone focus on physical activity. Also, make sure your kids are participating in Henry Perez’s weekly video program which will include all kinds of exercises you can do in the comfort of your home.
Although this takes place over one week; it is important to use these days to incorporate into your family’s lives regularly.