Book lovers day is today. So, this fun non-holiday is all about reading a book or two. Whether you’re an avid reader or not; I’m sure you can find something to read.
Book Lovers Day August 9
So, begin today by putting away all of your mobile devices and grab a good book to read.
In celebration of this day, the following are a list of things you can do.
- Of course, the best way to celebrate this day is by selecting a book you want to read; and find a quiet place to settle in.
- If you don’t have the money to buy a new book; trade books with a friend. By doing this, you will both get to read something new.
- Go to the library. At any library, you’re sure to find a book you would like to read easily available. Also, the library is a great place to find a cozy corner where you can settle in and read the book of your choice.
- If you don’t have a library card, now is the time to get one.
- Reread one of your favorite books.
- Have a book party. Either talk about a book you have all read or swap books.
- Let your kids know reading is a great way to learn new things.
Henry Perez’s Book Lovers Recommendation
By the way, Henry has several books he would like you to read.
When reading Grit, you will learn that anything in life is possible. In essence, this book demonstrates the importance of how to succeed in life, such as school, sports and relationships.
Also, Henry would like to recommend Pulling Together. In this book, you will learn the importance of working together and becoming a leader. Indeed, teamwork is the key to success in sports or in your career.
No doubt, we all hope to have success both in our personal and professional life. In the Go-Giver, you will learn how helping others can help you succeed. Indeed, this book will leave you feeling inspired.
Mary Wood’s Book Lovers Recommendations
One of Mary’s favorite books is the Tail of Emily Windsnap. This is a the story about a 12 year old girl whose Mom tries to keep her away from the water. After Emily finally gets her wish and takes swimming lessons, she learns that she is half mermaid.
Not only does Emily learn about her own identity; but she also learns about her mysterious father that she has never met and the possibilities which are found deep below the water’s surface.
Finally, remember any book you buy; please shop AmazonSmile and select We W.I.L.L. Thru Sports. To learn more about how this program works; be sure to visit our We W.I.L.L. Thru Sports Amazon Smile post.
In light of book lovers day, don’t forget to save the date of our first book bag drive. Be sure to read our Book Bag Drive August 15 2019 post.
As always, I welcome your comments.